First up, thanks to our existing Patreons! If you’d like to join this coveted group, head to our Patreon page.
The hosts catch up on what they’ve been reading and listening. The following gets a mention:
- The Authors for Fireys campaign – Raised over $500K! Shout out to Emily Gale and Nova Weetman
- I mourn for all the broken holidays… lost summers across our country (Sunday Life)
- J. P. Pomare, Notes on Burning
- Tombland, C. J. Samsom (not necessary recommending this)
- Sorry Ken Follett
- The Crown (Netflix)
- Queen Victoria, Julia Baird
- The Anchoress, Robyn Cadwallader
- Limitations of space and time – Charlotte Wood talked about this in our interview with her
- Nina LaCour’s Keeping a Notebook podcast (all excellent but the one on backstory specifically)
- Before and After the Book Deal, Courtney Maum
- Lotus Eaters, Emily Clements
- Lapse, Sarah Thornton
- Routines and Ruts with Madeline Dore
- The Last Voyage of the Pong Su
Then Katherine speaks to best selling Australian author and screenwriter, Christian White.
The Nowhere Child was his first book and one of Australia’s bestselling debut novels ever. An early draft of this novel won the 2017 Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for an Unpublished Manuscript.
Since publication, The Nowhere Child has been shortlisted for major awards and rights have sold in 16 territories around the world, and were acquired in a major screen deal by Anonymous Content (US) and Carver Films (Australia).
Christian’s keenly awaited second book, The Wife and the Widow was published by Affirm Press in October 2019.