It’s the last episode of a pretty epic season! Kate and Katherine talk the year that was for both of them, plus what they’ve been reading, watching and listening to. It’s not a ‘best of’ list but it’s a great list.
Things that get mentioned include:
- The First Time interview with Kim Scott
- The First Time interview with Chloe Hooper
- The First Time interview with Michelle de Kretser
- The First Time interview with Liane Moriarty
- The First Time interview with George Saunders
- The First Time interview with Sarah Winman
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmun
- This is Dating (podcast)
- Interview with Esther Perel on the Dumbo Feather podcast
- If Books Could Kill (podcast)
- The Mel Robbins Podcast
- Crafting with Ursula from Between the Covers Podcast – particularly episodes with Lidia Yuknavitch (Kate’s fave ‘new to me’ writer of the year!) and adrienne maree brown
- Babel by RF Kuang
- Bliss Montage by Ling Ma. Kate’s been impressed with short story collections this year including Cautionary Tales for Excitable Girls by Anne Casey Hardy (who we spoke to here), You Have a Friend in 10A by Maggie Shipstead and Here be Leviathans by Chris Flynn
- Kate’s looking forward to putting Amy Thunig’s Tell Me Again in the Summer book stack
- Kate loved watching Beforeigners, Stranger Things and just finished 1899
- PLUS! We talk about our new #FollowaFirstTimer segment for next year and hear (very briefly) from the debut author we’ll be catching up with throughout Season 6: Megan Rogers! Exciting times ahead!!!
Sign up to Kate’s newsletter The Bowerbird
Writers Victoria Season 1 2023 program is out and fabulous! Join Kate to get your writing year kicked off with Bootcamp for Beginning Writers – 3 full day online workshops (Feb 12, Feb 26, March 26).
Don’t forget you can support us and the making of Season Six via our Patreon page. Thanks for joining us!