James McKenzie Watson writes short and novel-length fiction with a focus on health and rural Australia. His novel Denizen was Winner of the 2021 Penguin Literary Prize. James co-hosts the health and writing podcast James and Ashley Stay at Home and works as a nurse. He’s written about his journalling process for KYD and Meanjin.
- Australiana by Yumna Kussab (James and Ashley interview Yumna Kassab here)
- Dirt Town by Hayley Scrivenor (which Kate also recommends this week!)
James will be appearing at a number of upcoming events, check them out on his events page!
Kate and Katherine discuss:
- Tell us who you want to hear on the podcast in Season Six! Let us know via twitter or instagram or via the contact page
- Submissions to the National Cultural Policy (Quick! By Aug 22nd). Check out sample submissions and further info via articles from the ASA and from writer Jennifer Mills
- Thank you to new patrons Tim Mcguire and Fiona Robertson! You TOO can be a patron of the podcast here.
- Kate and Bronwyn Birdsall talk authors and instagram reels here
- adrienne maree brown on Crafting with Ursula and On Being with Krista Tippet
- Jane McGonigal on the Goop Podcast
- How to Fail with Elizabeth Day: Caroline Stanbury