Kate and Katherine catch up and talk about the aftermath of book release, including a perplexingly bad restaurant, reviews and a quote by Ella Baxter. Kate mentions she is writing but gives nothing else away. Plus, book recommendations!
Things that get mentioned this episode:
- David Hunt and his excellent books Girt, True Girt, Girt Nation,
- Review of The Competition by Jessie Tu in The Age
- Katherine’s book Launch – Wednesday March 16 at Readings in Carlton
- Twitter thread by Natasha Sholl
- Quote within the thread by Ella Baxter:
You will feel vulnerable like your skin has fallen off and everything will feel loud and rough and you will love it but also be humiliated by it and no one tells you about the sheer amount of shame involved and then it’s over in three weeks and people will ask you what’s next idk(@Ella_Baxter_ via @Natasha_Sholl [Twitter] 2/12/2021)
- Quote by Andy Warhol
Don’t think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.
Image: a text message conversation as follows:
a – What do we do?
b – We can’t leave
a – That was honestly one of the worst things I’ve ever tasted!!!
b – It was disgusting
a – omg
b – I tried