Get out your pens and pencils because this is an epic lesson in social media! Kate and Katherine talk to marketing, social media and fashion/lifestyle guru, Shay Gardner. This episode is, frankly, a gift to authors wanting to navigate the world of Instagram and other online entities. It’s choc-full of great advice on what to do, why and how it all works. The word ‘algorithm’ is used many times.
Topics covered / questions answered:
- What am I trying to do?
- Algorithms and bots
- Are hashtags worth bothering with?
- Posts vs stories vs reels — what to use and when
- There’s no such thing as shameless self promotion
- Scheduling posts and content
- Follow Adam Mosseri (@mosseri) (Head of Instagram)
- Image descriptions and captions
- Clothing to wear and not wear
Image: Three white women on a Zoom call laughing. One is wearing a black singlet and gold necklace, one has a white floral shirt on, the other has a white and blue shirt on.