This episode of Conversations with Friends is with RWR McDonald and Katherine Kovacic.
R.W.R. (Rob) McDonald is a Kiwi living in Melbourne with his two daughters and an extended rainbow family including HarryCat and Stevie Nicks the chicken. Rob attended Faber Academy’s Writing a Novel Stage 1 and Stage 2. Rob realised while studying journalism that writing fiction, rather than reporting facts, was his true bent. The Nancys was Highly Commended for an Unpublished Manuscript in the 2017 Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards. THE NANCYS was published 2019 by Allen & Unwin.
Katherine Kovacic is a former veterinarian turned art historian who lives in Melbourne with two giant dogs. Her debut novel, The Portrait of Molly Dean, was shortlisted for the Ned Kelly Awards. Katherine’s latest book, The Shifting Landscape, is the third book in the Alex Clayton art mystery series and will be available on March 31.
- Irma Gold editing article
- How to be Australian, Ashley Kalagian Blunt
- After Australia, edited by Michael Mohammed Ahmed
- Kokomo – Victoria Hannan
- Semicolon: The Past, Present, and Future of a Misunderstood Mark – Cecelia Watson
- Serial Murderers and their Victims – Eric W Hickey
- The Devil Inside – D.L. Hicks
- The Salt Madonna – Catherine Noske
The Conversations with Friends series is supported by the City of Melbourne COVID-19 Arts Grants.
One thought on “Conversations with Friends #11: RWR McDonald and Katherine Kovacic”